The GOP’s H.R. 620 will gut the Americans With Disabilities Act, pushing disability rights back to 1989. The Republicans’ bill would devastate the civil rights of disabled Americans. You need to know about it.
On Feb. 15, while the country had its eye on allegations of Russian election meddling and the senseless murder of 17 people in the Parkland school shooting, the House was quietly gutting the Americans With Disabilities Act, passing H.R. 620 with a vote of 225-192.
- $137 billion in cuts to SNAP (formerly food stamps).
- Up to $125 billion in cuts to Pell Grants.
- More than $16 billion from eliminating the Social Services Block Grant (SSBG).
- At least $150 billion in cuts in unspecified mandatory programs serving low-income Americans.
- About $160 billion, and maybe more, in cuts to low-income non-defense discretionary (NDD) programs.
- Paul Ryan Doubles Down on Cutting Veteran Pensions
I am Expatriate Dr. Sabri Bebawi