DEBUNKING THE MYTH OF “REPUBLICANISM”
A STUDY BY DR. SABRI BEBAWI
To begin with, let us start with the “slavery” issue. We need to understand that Abraham Lincoln was a phony, deceitful and a very effective war strategist. People around the world celebrate Lincoln as the man who “FREED THE SLAVES.” WRONG!! Abraham Lincoln wrote the Emancipation Declaration as a war strategy. When the North was losing the war against the South, which wanted to secede and be independent against the federation rules, Abraham Lincoln was so intelligent to think: “If I freed the slaves from the south and ask them to join the Northern Army, the South would lose a large number of fighters.” Additionally, France, which was helping the Southern States at the time, became unable to do so because of the Mexican uprising against them; they could not fight two fronts, so, they stopped helping the Southern States. That is why we celebrate May 5th in the United States; it is not because we love Mexicans too much. Most Americans have no idea why we celebrate May 5th or even July 4th.
So now that the myth of Lincoln’s heroism and humanism is debunked (he still had slaves at the same time), we enter into what Republicanism is. On July 6, 1854, just after the anniversary of the nation, a “PRETENTIOUS” anti-slaver state convention was held in Jackson, Michigan. The hot day forced the large crowd outside to a nearby oak grove. At this “Under the Oaks Convention” the first statewide candidates were selected for what would become the Republican Party.
United by desire to abolish slavery (but not really until late 1960s), it was in Jackson that the Platform of the Under the Oaks Convention read: “…we will cooperate and be known as REPUBLICANS…” Prior to July, smaller groups had gathered in intimate settings like the schoolhouse in Ripon, Wisconsin. However, the meeting in Jackson would be the first ever gathering of the Republican Party.
The name “Republican” was chosen, alluding to Thomas Jefferson’s Democratic-Republican Party and conveying a commitment to the inalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
In general, Republicans tend to take a more conservative stand on issues. They believe that the federal government should not play a big role in people’s lives. Most Republicans favor lower taxes and less government spending on social programs. They believe in less government intervention in business and the economy.
And here we go:
(1) Republicans pretend to believe that the federal government should not play a big role in people’s lives. However,
- They want homosexuality, which is a very private life matter, illegal
- They want to force a creation theory in school curricula and eliminate the evolution theory
- They want to bring prayer (Christian of course) to schools
- They want to control what a woman should do with her body
- They want to impose Judo-Christian ideology on the masses (As Trump declared)
(2) Republicans favor lower taxes and less government spending on social programs. The lowering of taxes is only for Rich Corporation because they believe in an outrageously faulty theory called “Trickle Down Economics,” even though they have learned since 1980, under the Drug Dealer (Iran-Contra Affair for those who forget) Ronald Reagan’s reign – And
- a- Depriving the poor from basic human daily neccesities
- b- Depriving people from basic inalienable right to be medically insured and cared for
- c- Depriving citizens from inalienable right to shelter and food
- d- Depriving citizens from their alienable right to education
- Depriving citizens from forming unions to protect workers’ interests
- Allowing Corporation to use and abuse workers without any regulations (TRUMP)
- Failing to distribute the wealth of the country fairly
- Standing by the few elites that form only .5% of the population
- Dismantle any movement against the government
- Ally themselves with the NRA and permit mass shooting everywhere citizens go
- Ally themselves with the KKK and discriminate against Blacks and minorities
And much, much, much more, one would need to write the whole dissertation on the matter.
From all the above, the only reasonable conclusion is that Republicanism is as evil as Communism and Fascism. It is a Party for the elites only just like how the Czar of Russia was. Just like King Henry the 5th was and just as Marie Antoinette of France before the French Revolution was.
To my Republican friends, please stop saying “I am Abraham Lincoln Republican.” It is not flattering. Also, whenever you have an emergency situation, please do not call 911, call your private rescue corporation since you do not like to pay taxes to pay the police and the fire department or any services.
It is this writer’s opinion that when there is a call to 911, there should be a data base to check against the caller; if the caller is a Republican, the dispatcher must say “Sorry, you need to call your private Police or Fire.
I am Dr. Sabri Bebawi, PhD
Fellow of the Salzburg Institute on Globalization